“Love transforms the spirit” -1 Corinthians 13:4
The love of Jesus is a powerful force that can radically change your world if you let it. We often attribute 1 Corinthians 13 to the love we should have for our spouse, but 1 John 4:19 tells us, “We love because He first loved us”.
He loves us with a perfect love, a love that will move, and keep on moving mountains. A love that keeps no record of wrongs. A love that, if we let it, will transform us.
As we continue to allow Him to show us His love, it will become easier for us to pour that same love out onto others. What are the attributes of that love?
1 Corinthians 13 gives us a glimpse.
1) His love is large and incredibly patient.
2) It is gentle and consistently kind to all.
3) It refuses to be jealous when blessing comes to someone else.
4) Love is not easily irritated or quick to take offense.
5) It is a safe place of shelter, not exposure.
6) Love NEVER stops believing the best for others.
7) Love never takes failure as defeat, it never gives up.
8) Love will overlook offenses and remain focused on what is good, refusing to hold resentment in our hearts.
Jesus loves us so much that He gave His life for us. He provided us with everything we need to prosper in this life. Now how much more can we show that love to others. We can love others with the same love the Father has for us. A love that keeps no record of wrong, a love that transforms spirits, a love that changes lives.
Today, instead of looking for ways to love others, look for signs that the Father loves you. The more you realize the love He has for you, the more your natural response will be to love others.
the pretty boss